Offbeat Tour to Gandikota, Belum Caves & Lepakshi- Andhra Pradesh 2021
Dates: 2nd-5th december 2021
Category: Heritage Tour
3 Nights, 4 Days, Train fare | HOtel
cost : ₹ 8,200
Call us: 989 269 1821 hours: 10am-9pm
Everyone knows about the beautiful Grand Canyon in Arizona, but did you know that we have Grand Canyon in our India Itself?
It’s hidden in a small village called Gandikota in the outskirts of Andhra Pradesh. This Village has a Gandikota Fort situated on the banks of Pennar River, which is famous as ‘Grand Canyon of India’ because of the beautiful gorge formed by this river. This fort acquired its name due to the gorge (Gorge is called Gandi in Telegu), which is formed between Erramala Hills. The fort’s history dates to 12th Century and has played an important role in Andhra History.
Belum Caves are the second largest caves in Indian Continent after Krem Liat Prah in Meghalaya & is famous for its stalactite & stalagmite Formations.
This Natural wonder would leave you astonished as soon as you step down through the stairs of belum caves. The caves have long passages, Galleries, spacious caverns with fresh water and siphons. The cave system has been formed over the course of thousands of years by the constant flow of underground water & reaches its deepest point (151 ft.) at Paatalganga Point.
Lepakshi Temple is an example of Fine Arts & rich Architecture. This Temple is also known as Veerbhadra Temple and it is both, a pilgrim centre & a tourist Place. The Architecture of this temple reflects Vijayanagara Style. Few of the major attractions of Lepakshi temple are the hanging pillars & India’s Largest monolithic ‘Nandi’. Temple also has footprint of Maa Sita & Lepakshi saree designs carved beautifully on the pillars.
- Exploring the offbeat & isolated Gandikota Fort & Pennar River Gorge
- Visit to 2 ancient Temples (Madhavaraya & Ranganatha Swamy), Jamia Masjid, Chaar Minar, large Granary and graceful Pigeon Tower which are parts of Fort Complex
- Witness the beautiful Sunrise & Sunset from the Fort
- Visit Lepakshi Temple which is a fine piece of Art & Architecture
- Experience a different world inside the belum caves
- 1 Night AC Accommodation at Gandikota Hotel on Triple Sharing
- All Transport & Meals costs from Hindupur to Tadipatri
- Sleeper Train Tickets – Mumbai to Hindupur & Tadipatri to Mumbai
- Guide Charges
- Entry Fees
- Meals in Trains
- AC Train ticket difference
- Camera fees, if any
- Mineral Water, Beverages cost
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned in ‘Inclusions’
2nd Dec, Thursday, Day 1:
Board train for Hindupur from Mumbai CST at 08.10 a.m.
3rd Dec, Friday, Day 2:
Reach Hindupur by 5.00 a.m. Freshen up at Station waiting room & move towards Lepakshi.
Explore Lepakshi Temple for 2 hours. Post Breakfast, we will proceed to Gandikota.
Hotel Check in and freshen up and move for Gandikota Fort.
Explore Gandikota Fort, Enjoy the Sunset at the Grand Canyon & come back to Hotel.
Night Stay at Gandikota
(Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Note: Rooms arrangement for 2 hours can be made for freshening up at Hindupur at an extra cost.
4th Dec, Saturday, Day 3:
Wake up early morning to witness Sunrise from the Pennar River Gorge.
Post Breakfast, checkout from the Hotel.
We will move towards Belum Caves.
After exploring caves, We will visit Bugga Rama Lingeshwara Temple.
Proceed towards Tadipatri Railway Station to take Train back to Mumbai at 12.25 am.
(Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
5th Dec, Sunday, Day 4:
Reach Mumbai by 3.40 p.m.