offbeat Tour to Yana Caves-Sirsi-Vibhooti Falls,Karnataka
Dates: 19th-21st Nov 2021
Category: Leisure Tours
1 Night, 2 Days, Train fare | HOtel
cost : ₹ 7,200
Call us: 989 269 1821 hours: 10am-9pm
Yana Caves/Rocks are located in Yana village in North Karnataka. These rocks are two huge monolithic rocks known as the Bhairaveshwara Shikhara and the Mohini Shikhara surrounded by thick forest and they are part of Sahyadri hill range. They are composed of solid black, crystalline karst limestone. Yana is also a well known pilgrimage center because of the cave temple below Bhairaveshwara Shikhara where a Swayambhu linga has been formed.
This is mostly visited by pilgrims and nature lovers and the best season to visit these caves are post monsoon. You will come across many river streams while on the way to Yana.
We will be also visiting a waterfall named ‘Vibhooti’ which is nearby Yana. It is said that the waterfall gets its named due to its water being super white and also from limestone Yana Caves.
Along with Yana and Vibhooti Waterfall, we would be visiting Madhukeshwara (Banavasi) temple which is a 9th century marvel. It is one of the oldest temples of Karnataka and was commissioned by Kadamba Dynasty. Few of the highlights of this temple are intricately carved stone cot, vertically sliced Ganesh Idol and a Triloka Mandapa.
Another major attraction of this trip is Sahastralinga which is in the river Shamala and is famous for around thousand lingas carved on the rocks in the river and on its banks. It’s indeed a visual treat.
So we invite all the nature lovers and offbeat travelers to this amazing weekend getaway.
- Enjoy a small hike to Yana Caves amidst the nature ( 15-20 Minutes hike by steps)
- Exploring the massive Yana Caves
- Have fun in Vibhooti waterfalls
- Indulge in Local Food
- Visit to Banavasi Temple, which is an architectural masterpiece
- Exploring 1000 carved lingas at Sahastralinga.
- Ample Amount of photography opportunities
- 1 Night Accommodation at Sirsi Homestay (Twin/Triple Sharing)
- All Sightseeing (private vehicle) & Meals costs from Kumta to Gokarna
- Sleeper Train Tickets – Mumbai to Kumta & Gokarna to Mumbai
- Entry Fees at sightseeing locations
- Tripper Journeys expertise
- Meals in Trains
- AC Ticket difference
- Camera Fees
- Hotel charges for Freshening up on 20th Nov morning
- Mineral Water, Beverages cost
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned in ‘Inclusions’
Day 0, 19th Nov, Friday:
Board Matsyagandha Express Train from Mumbai at 3.20 pm.
Day 1, 20th Nov, Saturday: Kumta-Yana Caves-Banavasi-Sirsi
Reach Kumta early in the morning.
We will check in nearby hotel for 2 hours to get freshen up.
Post breakfast, Leave for exploring the Yana Rocks.
We will visit the Banavasi and Marikamba Temples and in evening we will explore Sahastralinga.
Then we will check in into our Homestay where we would be staying for the night
Retire for the day post dinner.
Night stay at Homestay.
(Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Day 2, 21st Nov, Sunday: Sirsi-Vibhooti Falls
Post Breakfast, checkout from the Homestay.
Visit Vibhooti Waterfalls (One has to trek for 15-20 minutes to reach this waterfall.)
We will have some fun time at Vibhooti.
Post Lunch, Head back to Kumta Station to take a train back to Mumbai.
Train details: Matsyagandha Train (Train no. 02620)
(Breakfast & Lunch)
Day 3, 22nd Nov, Monday:
Reach Mumbai by 6.00 a.m.