‘VAV’ Heritage Trip to Ahmedabad (Adalaj-Modhera-Patan)
Dates: 9th – 10th Oct 2021
Category: Heritage Tours
1 Night, 2 Days, Train fare | HOtel
cost : ₹ 7,500
Call us: 989 269 1821 hours: 10am-9pm
Heritage and Architecture tours from Mumbai
Ahmedabad is indeed A treat for the Heritage & Architecture buffs. It is a largest city in Gujarat & is very rich in term of Culture & heritage. There are various places which are rarely explored. Patan, Modhera & Adalaj are few of them. In this Tour, we will walk you through History and you will be mesmerised to find the fine examples of Architecture.
Adalaj is famous for its five stories deep Stepwell which is intricately carved & built in sandstone. Stepwells like Adalaj were once integral to semi-arid regions of Gujarat as they provided water for drinking, washing & bathing. These wells were also venues for colourful festivals & sacred rituals.
Rani Ki Vav is again an intricately carved stepwell in Patan which is 130 Kms from Ahmedabad. It is declared as UNESCO’S world heritage Site in 2014. It was constructed in Maru-Gurjara Architectural style during Chalukya dynasty. This magnificent East-facing stepwell measures approximately 64 m long, 20 m wide & 27 m deep.
Modhera Sun Temple is a Hindu Temple dedicated to solar deity Surya situated on the banks of Pushpavati River. After Konark, this is prominent sun temple in India. No worship is offered here and is a protected monument by ASI.
Apart from these 3 major places, we would be doing a full day excursion tour in Ahmedabad City on Day 2 exploring Various Mosques, Sabarmati Ashram & Temples.
Tripper Journeys is known for Best Heritage Tours from Mumbai.
- Exploring Architectural Master pieces in Stepwells, Namely, Rani Ki Vav & Adalaj
- Visit to Sabarmati Ashram which was one of the residences of Mahatma Gandhi
- Visit to Modhera Sun Temple, one of the few prominent Sun temples in India
- Exploring the Famous Siddi Sayaad Jaali Mosque which is known worldwide for its beautifully carved lattice Windows.
- Indulge in Local Food
- Some Free time to do some Traditional Shopping in Ahmedabad
- 1 Night Accommodation at Ahmedabad Hotel on double sharing basis
- All Sightseeing (by AC vehicle) & Meals costs from Ahmedabad to Ahmedabad
- Sleeper Train Tickets – Mumbai to Ahmedabad & back
- Entry tickets at Sightseeing locations
- Tripper Journeys Expertise
- Meals in Trains
- Mineral Water, Beverages cost
- Camera Fees
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned in ‘Inclusions’
Day 0, 8th Oct,Friday: Board Train for Ahmedabad from Mumbai by 7.30 p.m.
Day 1, 9th Oct, Saturday :Drive Adalaj-Patan-Modhera
Reach Ahmedabad Railway Station by 7.30 a.m. We will freshen up.
Post Breakfast, We will move towards Adalaj Stepwell.
Then proceed towards Patan to explore the Famous Rani Ki Vav.After a quick visit to Patola House, We will have lunch in Patan.
Then we will be heading to Modhera sun Temple. We will head back to Ahmedabad.
In the evening, explore shopping and food streets of Ahmedabad.
Night stay at Ahmedabad.
(Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Day 2, 10th Oct, Sunday: Full day excursion Tour in Ahmedabad
Post Breakfast, checkout from the Hotel. We will be exploring Ahmedabad today.
Major Points to be covered: Sabarmati Ashram, Dada Hari ni Vav, Siddi Sayyad Mosque, Sarkhej Roja, Hutheeesing Jain Temple.
If time permits we will visit Kankaria Lake.
Move towards Ahmedabad Railway Station by 7.30 p.m. to Catch a Train back to Mumbai.
(Breakfast & Lunch)
Day 3, 11th Oct,Monday :
Reach Mumbai by 6 a.m.